We have developed all of our halal meals, and they have been trialled on taste panels of chefs and the general public throughout the UK.
Once the halal meals recipes have been finalised by the team at Halal Readymade Meals, we set about the next task of finding the ingredients that satisfy a number of criteria: Tayyab, Sustainability BRC, Halal Certification, Quality and Consistent supply.
Animal Welfare / Tayyab
Tayyab is a religious terminology that means pure and wholesome
- In the Qur’an the concept of Tayyab explicitly couples with the injunction of eating Halal
- Pure and Wholesome foods are the ones that are sourced in the most ethical way and our bodies appreciate, the ones that help our bodies stay healthy
- Meat can only help us stay healthy if it is antibiotic free and 100% vegetarian fed with no added hormones
- For meat to be Tayyab it must be sourced from animals that lived under highest standards of farm animal welfare. These animals must not have been given growth hormones or antibiotics
In developing our animal welfare policies and livestock production specifications we have used the British Farm Animal Welfare Committee’s
Five Freedoms as a framework and for guidance.
These freedoms state:
- Freedom from hunger and thirst – by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigour.
- Freedom from discomfort – by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area
- Freedom from pain, injury and disease – by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment
- Freedom to express normal behaviour – by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal’s own kind.
- Freedom from fear and distress – by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering.
The Origin green promise is an unprecedented one. It is the only sustainability program in the world that operates on a national scale, uniting government, the private sector and food producers thru Bord Bia the Irish Food Board
The program is independently verified, it enables producers to set and achieve measurable sustainable targets, reducing environmental impact of communities and natural resources
Our Halal Meals are BRC certified. BRC Global Standards is a leading safety and quality certification program, used by over 23,000 certificated suppliers in 123 countries, with certification issued through a worldwide network of accredited certification bodies.
The Standards guarantee the standardization of quality, safety and operational criteria and ensure that manufacturers fulfill their legal obligations and provide protection for the end consumer. BRC Global Standards are now often a fundamental requirement of leading retailers.
Halal Readymade Meal recognizes the importance of the quality and halal certification of the meats we use in our Halal meals.
All our red meat is grass feed and source in Ireland. Our red meat is certified halal by the Halal Food Authority. This certification body is the only body in Ireland to be recognizes by the governments of UAE, Saudi Arabia and other gulf states for certification in those countries.
Our white meat is sourced in Ireland with smaller amounts coming from Holland during busy periods. All our poultry is certified by the HMC or other nationally recognized bodies